Friday, July 4, 2014

Remember me? It's BUSTER! I'M ADOPTED

Photo by Eva Prokop
If you don't remember my story, or you are new here, here's how it all went down, and I'll point you to prior posts for more information. My former person left me out on the street in Sunnyside a little over a year ago. I didn't know what to do on the street. I was running from car to car looking for shelter and food, then a woman knelt down to look under the car. We shared hellos, and she asked if I was friendly or feral, and if I needed some help. Then, I recognized her, it was Big City Little Kitty! So, I ran over to her as fast as I could, yelling "I'M FRIENDLY, REALLY FRIENDLY, AND HUNGRY! WILL YOU HELP ME?! PLEASE?!?!?!" She told me to wait right there, and that she'd be right back. Then, she returned with a cat carrier. I knew this meant plenty of food, shelter and maybe a new home. So I jumped in! Choo! Choo! All aboard!
I lived in her bathroom for a while, and I earned my keep. I joined the Queens Neighborhood Watch, Sunnyside Division, and I worked diligently, day and night. 
Big City Little Kitty (BCLK) posted 'Lost Cat' signs all over the neighborhood, and send out all the alerts online, but no-one claimed me. She took me to the vet, and they helped me with those nasty ear mites, man, that was nice. They told us I'm 8 years old, negative for FIV and FELV, and gave me some vaccination boosters. They also found my microchip (but my person never registered it, so it just traced back to the shelter). BCLK was given my shelter history, it made her a little sad. She read about how I was dumped at the shelter as a 3 month old kitten, yah, that's my baby picture, 
and then that person returned me to the shelter 6 months later because she "traveled a lot." I was adopted again, and that was the end of the trail. BCLK called the last adopter, but no-one returned the call, and that number was from about 7 years ago, so we don't really know if it was the right person. BCLK said she was glad no-one called her back, because I was skinny, had ear mites and was left on the street. She said I deserved better. 
That's when BCLK told me I was officially her new foster cat, and promised to find me my very own home. One where I'd be loved and cherished, and never abandoned again. That made me happy, and I wasn't nervous anymore. I knew she'd take good care of me, so I let her pet me, and I even curled up on her lap. 
She started looking for my furrever home right away. She told people how cute I was (I mean, I really am cute, she wasn't lying). She even made a poster using cat font! CAT FONT!
North Brooklyn Cats invited us to their adoption events, but I was nervous, I couldn't handle them.
She let me out of the bathroom to meet her cats. Tigra didn't like me at all, and Mr. Eko was hot and cold. We wrestled, played and fought. He and I had some major territory battles
Mr. Eko does not have any teeth, so I had the advantage when we fought, I poked holes all over him. BCLK said that was not OK, but we didn't stop fighting. So, she found me a foster home with no other cats. I was scared at first, but they were super nice to me, and patient, and they let me lie around and watch TV. 
I played music with my foster pop and his band, I started sleeping and snuggling in the bed, and I joined the Brooklyn Neighborhood Watch, Williamsburg Division. 
OH! And I purrfected Q-pose. I'd been working on that for months.
I lived there for about 9 months, and while I was there we learned I have some medical issues. A series of tests, including blood work, x-rays and an MRI revealed pancreatitis. On top of this, my foster parents were moving, and had to give me up. BCLK posted an urgent plea for help to find me a new foster home, fast, and YOU guys stepped up. Yep, YOU rallied to help me. You shared my post on social media, and asked your followers to share, too. Soon my post was all over the internet. A wonderful, caring woman contacted BCLK, and said she saw my post and couldn't turn away. She said she knew she had to help me. See, she understands how hard it is for us big kids to get homes, especially with a medical condition/special needs. She said I was welcome to stay in her home as long as I needed, until I found my furrever home! WOOOOHOOO!
So off I went! When I arrived...O.M.C., it was heaven! Cat heaven! It was winter, you see, and she made me all these warm, comfy beds in her room. YES! This will work!
I liked this one, too!
But my favorite bed was hers:)
I was living the life!
I quickly realized, this is the best thing that ever happened to me!
So, I popped the question! "Foster mama, will you adopt me?"
She said yes! So here I am, living happily efurr after! My belly even feels better!
Thanks for all your help! I couldn't have made it without you!

Head bumps, 
Buster

No comments:

Post a Comment