Saturday, July 23, 2011

Faith Popcorn's BrainReserve, where we take kittens seriously!

As you all know, I often foster kittens that need round the clock care, whether they are bottle babies that need to eat every few hours or sick kittens that need frequent syringe feeding or other nursing care. I also work full time,
so how do I do it?
I work for Faith Popcorn!
(From Left: Stepanie Seiler, Steven Graffam, Kathleen Cantwell, Faith Popcorn)

Faith, our CEO, allows me (and begs me) to bring in foster after foster. She loves helping and loves having them in the office. Our foster kittens attend meetings, greet clients and join us for parties! Lets just say, socializing a kitten happens very fast here!
My coworkers often come to my desk for a quick "kitten fix" in the middle of the day or take a sleeping kitten to their desk to soak up that all that cuteness! Many say having the kittens around or coming back for a quick snuggle is a stress reliever.
Our current foster (or mascot) is Marco!
Marco was taken in during a TNR project in Brooklyn by Annie of Manny's Friends. His mom had a broken leg and weighed only 4 lbs. Needless to say, she was not getting enough nutrients to her 5 nursing kittens!
Annie is caring for mom and kittens, however Marco was not gaining weight and I offered to take him for a while. Because I can take him to work with me, I can syringe feed him every few hours and monitor him throughout the day by having him at my desk.
Marco is now gaining weight rapidly and doing great!

Its business as usual at Faith Popcorn's BrainReserve when the kittens are here,
its just a lot cuter!
Here is Faith, CEO, getting prepped for a meeting by Kathleen Cantwell, Director, Office of the CEO, Steven Graffam, Faith's Personal Assistant and Marco!
In addition to opening her office to these lucky kittens, Faith has also sponsored several of my fosters. I have been able to do more fostering and TNR with her help than I could have done on my own.
On behalf of Big City Little Kitty, fosters and TNR'd ferals, and rescuers everywhere, I would like to say thank you to Faith and everyone at Faith Popcorn's BrainReserve!
To see more kittens cared for at Faith Popcorn's BrainReserve go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment