Friday, April 3, 2009

Zohar and Lucas

A week ago, we had an unfortunate event on the ASPCA van. My friend, Eva, and I had brought Zohar's cat, Lucas, to be neutered. Zohar owns a pet store on Manhattan Avenue in Greenpoint called "Pets on the run". Zohar loved his cat Lucas and has Lucas' brother, mother, father and grandfather at home. Lucas died after receiving the anesthesia. When we told Zohar he was very distressed. After speaking with Zohar at length and staying with him as he said over and over "why", "how" and "I just can't believe he is gone", he asked if we could find a new kitten for him to be his new Lucas. One that looked just like him, and Eva came through! Here he is...


Meet new baby Lucas. He is 4 weeks old and will be fostered by Eva and me until he is a little older and can get his shots and be neutered. He is absolutely adorable and one of the best snugglers I have ever encountered.
Here he is on his first visit with his new daddy.
Baby Lucas was a stray at ACC and in search of a new home. We are happy to know he will be loved and well taken care of for the rest of his long life!
Here he is on his way home with me from ACC.
I had him his first night and he came to the office with me the next day. Look how cute he is playing!
I am in Miami for the weekend, so Eva is his current foster mommy! She is taking great care of him and says his new daddy came by for a play date! Surely she will have pics to add soon!
Zohar, we are so sorry for your loss. We know nothing can replace your Lucas, but we hope baby Lucas can help to fill that void and become your new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment